Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos team has an opening for a system field tester. This opening is a contractually designated will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of access control systems for installations to include Access Control Point/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsible for performing Contractor Verification Testing (CVT) and Performance Verification Testing (PVT) on a variety of fielded systems including the registrar and visitor registration systems, and in lane equipment, such as handheld ID Card scanners, RFID, Kiosks and other initiatives. The testing is based on the COTS solution set used for access control. Testing will occur at the Installation and at our Lakeside facility and may include Government personnel including US Army military personnel, Department of the Army civilians and other Government designated contractors as test witnesses and participants. The field system tester will interact and interface with Government program personnel for the planning and conduct of all required testing under contract and also for the submission of contract documentation.
- Participate in the development of test procedures and plans and test reports to include all test related documents.
- Conducting in person hands-on testing of system components both at Edgewood, MD (Home office location) and at Army Installation CONUS on temporary duty as assigned.
- Configuration, documentation and operational support for software applications to ensure that the approved baseline remains the same throughout the test.
- Provide Go Live Support to Installation personnel post acceptance to further their knowledge and degree of proficiency on the deployed system.
- Supports the testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed and configured systems to ensure proper operation.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires as BS Degree
- Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment and have up to five (5) years of experience to include experience and knowledge working in an operational (military) environment, document preparation and management, conducting tests, working knowledge of configuration management.
- Experience in interacting with Government personnel.
- Ability to travel to fielded locations 25-50% of the time.
- This position is “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Edgewood, MD facility and on-site at various Army installations CONUS.
- Willingness to learn, have good oral and writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications used for documents preparation.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Work experience on access control systems and equipment involved.
- Experience with the US Army or US Air Force access control systems.
- Experience working in operational environment for the US Army.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.