Looking for an opportunity to support cyber security efforts with national impact?
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Network Defense Analyst to work at the White House Communications Agency (WHCA) on Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. Our team supports our customer’s mission to protect the Presidential Information Technology Community networked systems and services from cyber threats, as a 24x7, mission critical operation. We are looking for a self-starter who is capable of independently performing their daily tasks, but also works well within a team that requires significant coordination and inter-team communication.
This is a hybrid position with the option of working 25% remote / 75% on-site. The incumbent is required to work a rotating shift pattern (the average rotation is roughly 5 weeks on day shift, 1 week on swing shift, and 2 weeks on night shift, but exact schedules may vary based on program needs). All new hires’ initial 4-6 weeks will be spent on day shift to complete ramp-up and training tasks before entering the normal rotation. Scheduling accommodations may be made for those who prefer to work swings or nights only, but a full-time day shift schedule cannot be guaranteed.
- Perform senior-level computer network incident detection and response activities to detect, correlate, identify and characterize anomalous activity that may be indicative of threats to the enterprise.
- Monitor various security tools and applications for possible malicious activities, perform senior-level investigations into any associated alerts or indicators, and develop recommendations for a course of action, including mitigation strategies if required.
- Requires good technical writing skills as each event, including the associated analysis, must be documented in a ticketing system so that it can be reviewed and acted on appropriately.
- Requires excellent communication skills as we are collocated with our customer and regular face-to-face interaction is required throughout the day.
- Must be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures and perform their duties with a high degree of attention to detail, ensuring that all system checks are performed in a timely manner and all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Review analysis, reports and communications of juniors and peers to ensure accuracy and clarity of communications.
- Develop and conduct briefings to senior leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ yrs of experience; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level II (or Level III) Certification (e.g. Sec+ CE)
- Must have a DoD 8570 CSSP Analyst Certification (e.g. CEH), OR able to obtain one within 180 days of starting.
- Must have a DoD 8570 CSSP Infrastructure Support Certification (e.g. CEH, CySA+, SSCP), OR able to obtain one within 180 days of starting.
- Must have strong computing system knowledge, particularly networking, including a knowledge of communication protocols and familiarity with common computing security elements such as IDS/IPS systems and firewalls.
- Must have experience analyzing packet captures.
- Must be able to pass Yankee White clearance processing prior to start.
- Current DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Prior CND experience.
- Familiarity with computing security frameworks such as cyber kill chain and att&ck.
- Monitoring of intrusion detection and computer defense appliances and applications, and analysis of associated alerts.
- Documenting analysis and providing response recommendations.
- External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.