The Leidos Defense Group is seeking an Automation Technician for assignment to Fort Bliss, TX. The successful candidate will be part of an end-user embedded, multidisciplinary, Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) team, functioning as an Automation Technician with the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile defense system. This position assists the end-user in the on-site, day-to-day operation and maintenance of the THAAD Fire Control & Command systems, Launcher systems, and other THAAD peculiar equipment in accordance with established documentation. This position will assist the end-user in their performance of Field-Level tasks and perform all Sustainment-Below-Depot Level THAAD peculiar tasks. The successful candidate will perform all duties under minimal supervision and cross-train within the team to gain proficiency in working with other elements of the THAAD support system.
This position is designated as Mission Essential with a requirement for worldwide deployments and will require deployment training, military exercise participation, and other related training for the area of operations. The successful candidate will support military movement to a potentially hazardous zone, support any and all lead up events, working overtime and nonstandard shifts, as necessary.
• Support the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include, but not limited to: scheduling and conducting services, configuration and data management, troubleshooting, and HW/SW installation.
• Contribute to Root Cause Analysis and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the end-user to include, but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
• Recommend courses of action to the customer, end-user, and peers based on experiential knowledge.
• Create, update, and complete Work Orders with timely professionalism and verify the completeness and accuracy of maintenance reports.
• Demonstrate proficiency in reading and comprehending electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Handle and inspect electrostatic sensitive devices.
• Support the end-user’s training programs through collaboration with our customer’s program partners to ensure highly trained and competent service members.
• Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; focusing on mission, values, and goals.
• Establish trust and confidence by creating and maintaining open, candid lines of communication with the customer, end-user, and partner companies & agencies.
• Demonstrate discipline, adaptability, attention to detail, sound judgement, initiative, and ability to foster collaboration.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Must possess and maintain a SECRET clearance; must possess a SECRET clearance to be considered.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within six (6) months of hire.
• Must possess and maintain CompTIA A+ Certification.
• Must possess and maintain CompTIA Network+ and/or Security+ certification.
• Must meet physical deployment standards as set forth in, but not limited to, DoD Instruction 3020.41, Operational Contract Support and applicable derivative regulations and modifications.
• Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. Passport (Blue Book) with no restrictions on travel.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Additional Deployment Criteria:
This position requires the successful candidate to pass medical, dental, and psychological screenings according to criteria established by the customer and be designated “fit for deployment.”
• Demonstrated ability to master new technical and training applications within a short time.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Supply and Logistics systems and practices.
• Knowledge of US Army Physical Security standards and practices, and COMSEC & CCI handling and utilization.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.