- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
- Perform junior- to intermediate-level review of massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
- Pass triaged alerts to senior-level SOC personnel and provide junior- to intermediate-level assistance in identifying malicious actors on customer networks.
- Document analysis, findings, and actions in a case/knowledge management system.
- Support senior-level SOC personnel with the creation and distribution of incident reports to customers and higher headquarters.
- Must have minimum active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of prior incident handling/response experience
- Experience working in a SOC environment is required
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated sound understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 6 months of start.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain and an ability to think and work independently
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to perform shift work, including weekend hours.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.