Leidos is actively hiring for a Contingency Planner Analyst to join our team at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL>
The person filling this position shall provide Operational Planning Analysis services for the development of MARCENT support plans in the USCENTCOM AOR with a focus on the LEVANT region. This person shall assist and participate in USCENTCOM conferences, USCENTCOM planning product reviews, prepare responses to USCENTCOM for MARCENT submission, and ensure that all plans reflect the proper deployment and employment of Marine forces.
Provide planning expertise on Component supporting plans for Combatant Command OPLANs and CONPLANs. This person shall provide contingency planning expertise for joint, bi-lateral and multi-lateral plans, attend joint, bi-lateral, multi-lateral and coalition planning conferences/working groups, and provide IPRs on planning efforts to COMUSMARCENT.
Additionally, this person shall develop assessments, briefs, information papers, and standard naval messages in order to assist in the development of strategic, policy, campaign, and posture plans.
This person shall provide full understanding and experience in planning, coordinating, and managing conferences and supporting internal MARCENT working groups. Finally, this person shall attend CENTCOM Battle Rhythm events (e.g. Joint Planning Group, Joint Planning Board, Modeling and Simulation Working Group, etc.), and provide contingency planning support for emergent planning efforts as required.
- Provide contingency planning for joint, bi-lateral and multi-lateral plans and major OPLANs/CONPLANs, to include compartmented plans
- Represent the command at planning conferences and working groups
- Provide In Progress Reviews (IPRs) on planning efforts to the Commander, U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Central Command (COMUSMARCENT)
- Develop assessments, briefs, information papers, and standard naval messages
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) guidance and recommendations
- Assist in the development of strategic, policy, campaign, and posture plans
- Plan, coordinate, and manage conferences
- Support internal MARCENT working groups
- Represent MARCENT G-5 at CENTCOM Battle Rhythm events (e.g. Joint Planning Group, Joint Planning Board, Modeling and Simulation Working Group, etc.)
- Provide contingency planning support for emergent planning efforts
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Current US Passport and ability to travel overseas on short notice.
- Command and Staff College complete
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a MARFOR and/or Combatant Command level staff
- A thorough understanding of “Componency” as it relates to the inter-relationships between MARCENT, CENTCOM and the HQMC staffs
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Lead Planner on Combatant Command or Component Command level planning efforts
- Working knowledge of the complex interrelationships between Middle Eastern states, religions, and ethnic groups
- Working knowledge of regional US Embassies, SDO/DATT, and USLO structures
- Ability to interact with Colonels and Lieutenant Colonels at a peer level in order to advise and assist them with daily staff functions; and ability and comfort to brief at the executive level (3-4 star)
- Master’s Degree and 20 years of relevant experience
- Retired or Reserve USMC Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel
- Graduate from USMC or equivalent planners’ course (SAW, SAMS, SAAS, MAWS, JAWS) or Top-Level School Complete (War College)
- Service on both USCENTCOM (Combatant Command) and MARCENT (MARFOR) level staffs
- In-depth understanding of USCENTCOM’s OPLANs and CONPLANs (to include compartmentalized plans, bi-lateral and multi-lateral planning efforts)
- Long established interpersonal relationships with regional military leaders and staff members developed through face-to-face engagements
- Long established interpersonal relationships with key members of the USCENTCOM and Headquarters, US Marine Corps (Plans, Policy and Operations) staffs
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on the HQMC (PP&O) Staff
- Knowledge of historical, current, and planned USMC force deployments to the CENTCOM AOR
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.