This is an excellent opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence for cybersecurity. The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking a Research Scientist in Artificial Intelligence for a position within the Leidos Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Accelerator. The Researcher will help to automate advanced AI/ML techniques and will design, develop, and implement knowledge graphs as part of a project that must ingest terabytes of data daily. The Researcher will have the ability to work remotely with a diverse and geographically distributed team of AI/ML experts.
- Research and design knowledge graphs capable of automated discovery of relationships and correlations in the data (knowledge graph completion and question answering).
- You will research and build robust ML/DL models that improve entity extraction, resolution, and disambiguation for knowledge graphs.
- Help design and architect knowledge graph generation pipeline
- Work with a team of researchers within the Leidos AI/ML Accelerator developing and delivering AI solutions in a range of technology areas.
- Expand and enhance AI strategy for a $10B+ Fortune 500 company with major markets in Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, such as: data science, applied mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, or systems engineering.
- +10 years of AI/ML experience within major programs in industry, academia, or government.
- Applied research experience in the field in fields such as NLP, Graph ML, Knowledge Graphs, and personalization/recommendation systems
- Experience working with graph data models (RDF, Property graphs), databases (e.g., Neptune, Neo4J, GraphDB, TigerGraph), or graph query languages (Gremlin, SPARQL, Cypher)
- High level of experience in at least one major language (e.g., Python) and ML/DL framework (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the AI/ML field.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines.
- The ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.)
- The ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred.
- Experience with big-data tech (e.g, Spark, Hadoop) for ML pipelines.
- Familiarity with AWS and SageMaker
- Experience with developing AI/ML solutions for massive (PB+) datasets, and secured data (PHI, classified data, etc.).
- Proven ability to design, articulate, and deliver complex cyber solutions that: are scalable, robust, secure, and resilient and deliver clear, measurable value to program owners and end users.
- Experience with and ability to formulate solutions using one or more of the following models: Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Reinforcement Learning.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.