This is a fully remote position.
- Refactoring/redesigning of legacy applications and developing of new applications for use in FAA Cloud Services (FCS).
- Python or PHP experience preferred. (e.g., Python, PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion)
- Working closely with a high energy development team.
- Developing Dashboards and Reports to meet Business Intelligence needs.
- Project Managing of smaller development projects, including managing expectations, estimating timeframes, and identifying/mitigating project risks.
- Providing consultation and suggesting best approaches for development of new applications
- Requires a BA degree and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have demonstrable personal accomplishments and experience with using open source tools and projects.
- Experience with a modern development language (e.g., Python, PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion)
- Knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility issues for dynamic web applications
- Firsthand knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g., code reviews, design documentation, unit testing)
- Must be able to both work well as part of a team and independently.
- Experience deploying to and testing within AWS. Able to develop automated test tools is a bonus.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with version control systems like Git, SVN etc.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience understanding customer data needs and developing analytics that helps the customer better understand their data.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience with a modern development language (e.g., Python, PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL databases
- Experience developing rich software applications and single page applications using RESTful services, AJAX, JSON, and CORS
- Experience with Sharepoint, Adobe CQ5, and Jira
- Previous work experience supporting FAA programs is highly preferred but not required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.