The Intelligence Dev Ops Lab (IDOL) team at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Virtual Reality (VR) Software Engineer to work in our Reston, VA office. This position will drive efforts to create interactive experiences for Leidos Customers and be on the forefront on implementing cutting edge solutions to solve complex problems while working through an agile development and release process to support critical customer mission goals. The candidate will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team. This position is eligible for part-time telework.
Our Intelligence Development Operations (DevOps) Lab is an advanced, unclassified, state-of-the-art center dedicated to software and hardware development and engineering. The Lab was built to serve the missions of our Intelligence Community (IC) customers and industry partners and provides full stack, embedded and mobile development, automated and penetration testing, on-prem and cloud deployments, reverse engineering, vulnerability analysis, and cutting-edge cyber research. IDOL provides a game-changing opportunity to combine experience executing mission-critical, enterprise-class operations with the latest advances in automation, infrastructure as code, and cloud computing to deliver high-quality solutions. In support of programs across the Leidos enterprise, the Software Engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software.
- Design effective virtual reality training scenarios for operational customer missions
- Contribute to design & planning sessions
- Building out, analyzing, testing and validation of interactive applications
- Interface with stakeholders to document requirements for an application and faithfully implement the functionality required as described
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain
- Addresses complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge
- Apply research skills to identify various methods and solutions to complex software challenges
- BS degree or equivalent experience and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Mobile and/or immersive user Interface design and development techniques
- Proficiency in programming language C++ and/or C#
- Experience developing software for the any VR headset
- Experience developing in Unity, Unreal, Hammer or an equally robust game engine
- Comprehensive understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience building out analyzing, testing and validation of interactive applications
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Candidates must be a US citizen, and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration.
- Experience working with Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and SecDevOps practices.
- Experience developing and refining player mechanics in 3D, interactive applications
- Experience employing an iterative/agile development process in UI development and interactive prototyping
- Experience working with prototyping teams in an advisory mode
- Exposure to scripting languages for enhanced user experiences through application interfaces
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.