The Government Health and Safety Operations has an opening for a Software Engineer to support a large healthcare contract.
- You will work with architectures and the CTO team to assess and research technologies, AWS services, and frameworks for our Data, Cloud, & DevSecOps pipelines
- You will support the Helpdesk team in identifying, administrating, triaging and resolving a variety of incidents and service requests
- Demonstrating the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Measuring and reporting on data quality, similarity, and lineages across all data sets
- Maintaining a data catalog and automating metadata classification and publishing
- Providing subject matter expertise and leading data and architecture review meetings with end users
- Managing AWS data stores such as EMR/Hive, Databricks, RDS, Athena, and Redshift, while maintaining data governance, retention policies, and lifecycles
- Collecting data access patterns and reviewing current data models to optimize designs for customer use cases
- Reviewing and improving data governance policies and processes
- Documenting, improving, and maintaining data strategies and artifacts, including logical and physical data models, data dictionary, data roadmap, and data security policies, using industry best practices and adhering to federal standards
- Participating in incidence management and root cause analyses
- Identifying, administrating, triaging and resolving a variety of incidents and service requests
- Resolving incidents using established guidelines and procedures with assistance from experienced engineers as needed
- Documenting troubleshooting steps and current incident status in our case management system and maintaining a runbook for common issues
- Shadowing engineering team to understand new product development, architectures, and workflows
- Creating training guides and best practices documentation to share with user community on common operations and issues
- Establishing and adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) related to cloud resources’ Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), such as Recovery Point Objective (RPO), Recovery Time Objective (RTO), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years software engineering experience (or M.S. Computer Science with less than 2 years of relevant experience)
- 2+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with data lake architectures and building ETL pipelines to ingest, process, and store data
- Experience with analytical tools such as SAS Viya, Databricks, AWS Sagemaker, AWS QuickSight, and EMR Notebook/Studio
- Proficient with relational databases and advanced SQL
- Comfortable troubleshooting complex data and systems interaction problems
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely in oral and written form
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Knowledgeable with DevOps Configuration Management and IaC tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation, is a plus
- Knowledgeable with AuthN and AuthZ systems, including Active Directory, Okta, and AWS IAM Policies/Roles using attribute-based access controls
- Experience with healthcare quality data including provider data, beneficiary data, claims data, and quality measure data, such as Part A, B, C and D datasets, is a plus
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.