Leidos' Defense Group is seeking a Helpdesk Manager at Joint Base Andrews, MD. The Help Desk provides 24/7/365 network assistance and technical support to resolve user incidents, service requests, communications, computer, voice, network faults and outages, and incident resolution support. The Help Desk assign priorities based on the criticality of the incident, problem, or service level of the customer. The Helpdesk Manager is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties may include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair, a return or service the product in the field.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- The Help Desk Manager oversees all Tier 1 technicians, analysts, and specialists providing technical support to all AFNCR customer requests and inquiries.
- Common technical support duties include answering telephones, communicating with clients, diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions, and troubleshooting problems.
- The Help Desk Manager shall implement processes and improvements to support Platinum, Gold, and Silver Customer Service Levels.
- Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing Helpdesk staff.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in the utilization of ITIL Process Framework principles and possess a technical background working classified environment that includes experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues, hardware and software support, hands-on and remote support.
- Help Desk Manager shall be on site 0600-1800, Monday through Friday, and available 24/7/365 within 2 hours to meet with the COR on site.
-The Help Desk Manager shall possess a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in
Information Technology or Computer Science, and a minimum of 8 years of experience managing help desks supporting approximately 10,000 customers and integrating service providers for a blend of basic and premier customers. Additional relevant training, certification, and/or years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
-The Help Desk manager shall possess current certifications from an organization such as the Help Desk Institute (HDI)
-Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of experience supervising or leading teams in a Help Desk environment
- Must have experience supporting a large scale enterprise wide customer base with multiple service level tiers (10,000+ users)
- Must possess knowledgeable specific to Help Desk SLA’s
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders.
- Certs- Security +CE certification and ITIL Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Clearance: TS Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.