Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch Help Desk/User Support Specialist to provide IT and user support, in support of one of our federal agency customers in Ft. Meyers, FL
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization.
Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Responsible for assisting the district IT Staff in performing a variety of tasks associated with the day-to-day operations and administration of IT systems within the office. These duties include a wide range of information technology support to meet the USAO information needs using network hardware and software capabilities.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- Customer Support - Assists in the planning and delivery of customer support services at the point of computer user/specialist interface, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training.
- IT Systems/Network Administration: performs duties related to the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats.
- Information Systems Security: Performs assignments related to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of systems, programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Internet: Performs routine assignments and segments of projects related to technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of internet, intranet, and extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of Web sites.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another. One is expected to perform duties in relation to the contract for said position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience providing direct end-user support for the applications being supported, including both telephone support and on-site assistance to users. Certain applications may require certification by the software provider.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
- Experience with DOJ office automation environments extremely helpful.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Pleasant telephone manner important.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, is strongly preferred.
- Prior teaching/training experience involving computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications strongly preferred.
- Prior Help Desk experience in Information Technology (IT).
- Prior experience in automated litigation support preferred.
- Undergraduate degree valued.
- Current or active clearance.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be $19.37/hr.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.