We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Systems Integration Engineer to provide technical support for the integration of various sub-systems as part of a Network Management System. As a Systems Integration Engineer on this program, you will be a member of a team that interacts with technical and non-technical teammates including customers and vendors, but primarily with subject matter expert teammates. In this role, you will provide technical assistance, administer configurations, support testing, recommend enhancements, and troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the various sub-systems.
- Track and report task progress to team lead and management..
- Perform successful deployment and maintenance of the bare metal and VM Windows and Linux servers.
- Create and use scripting and automation tools to automate tasks and create efficiencies across entire infrastructure.
- Engineer solutions to complex problems and/or incorporate emerging technologies into existing infrastructure to create efficiencies and optimizations.
- Create/edit documents for system build, installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform system analysis to isolate faults in bare metal and virtual environments and for the purposes of performance optimization and catastrophe mitigation.
- Manage the analysis of the system to ensure that all software is compatible with or meets customer security standards, including the ability to work with CA signed certificates.
- Engineer protocols to ensure compliance with the customer's IT security compliance standards for unclassified and classified systems.
- Ensure all new features and releases function properly within the customer’s environment, including Active Directory/LDAP Integration and other dependent subsystems.
- Define and document requirements for new system capabilities and features associated with motion imagery processing, exploitation and dissemination.
- Write technical content for maintenance manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Supervise and perform installation, configuration, and testing of newly delivered software for purposes of integration and release testing, and deployment to customer sites.
- Create, track, and update operations and help desk tickets using tracking software.
- Lead execution of transition plans for software migrations from on premises data centers to the AWS cloud-based hosting platform.
- Lead efforts in identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Outlining, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish project goals.
- Estimation of level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to outline & update a projected project schedule.
- Creation and maintenance of virtual machines in VMware including planning of needs, resources, and availability plan for each machine.
- Patching and maintenance of VMware hosts and troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of overall related experience or Master with 6+ years. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Broad range of skills and experience across several COTS technologies- Windows, linux, VMware, and networking.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience or demonstrated familiarity in multiple of the following technologies, and a desire to learn the others:
- MS Windows (AD, Server 2016, Win10)
- Linux OS administration
- VMware ESXi and vCenter
- Juniper routers, firewalls, and switches
- Solarwinds NPM
- Splunk Enterprise Seach
- Tenable vulnerability/compliance scanning tools
- Must posses an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility clearance.
- Must posses current DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- Previous experience in providing similar integration support for onboarding external information systems
- Experience or demonstrated familiarity with multiple of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- RADIUS, SNMP, and NTP protocols
- Multi-factor Authentication (RSA)
- Experience or demonstrated familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure concepts and usage, including certificates, browser security configurations, and tokens
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.