In support of a specialized training program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) the COBRA/HazMat Operations Officer will contribute to the strategic plan for the organization work closely with the Training Task Manager to provide management and oversight of all components of COBRA Training Facility training. Provide guidance in the CBRNE/WMD discipline, and periodically evaluate training delivery and recommend changes as indicated.
- Monitors COBRATF instructors and support team personnel for quality assurance and control
- Monitors classroom and toxic agent area training for contractual obligations and deliverables
- Address safety issues to ensure compliance as it relates to risk assessment and safety standard operating procedures and ensures required safety training of staff
- Responsible for annual physical program, and records maintenance
- Effectively manages all Leidos staff assigned to COBRATF/Hazmat Division
- Conducts annual evaluation of Lead Instructors and Support Team lead to ensure continued professional growth and fulfillment of job duties and responsibilities
- Provide supportive documentation of evaluation decisions
- Reviews annual evaluations prepared by Lead Instructors to ensure consistency and fairness in the evaluation process
- Ensures Lead Instructors counsel assigned employees as necessary. Provides written documentation of the issues and recommended action for personnel file
- Supports Employee Recognition Program by formulating recommendations for instructional and support teams quarterly and encouraging spot award recommendations from Lead Instructors
- Collaborates with the Training Task Manager (TM) and Deputy Project Manager (DPM) to select, interview, and hire employees
- Seeks approval of the TM and DPM on hiring decisions
- Ensures that all assigned employees are provided with professional development opportunities consistent with the individual’s needs as well as those of the Training Department and LEIDOS
- Plans and conducts weekly instructor training meetings to ensure timely communication and resolution of issues within the Training Department
- Assists TM with developing strategic plans for COBRATF training; contributes to the strategic plan for the organization
- Reviews instructor qualification rosters and initiates communication with course managers regarding changes as indicated for maximum utilization of personnel on non-COBRATF training days
- Communicates with Centralized Scheduling as needed to resolve conflicts related to instructor assignments
- Works closely with the TM to ensure seamless training delivery
- Supports and directs cross-training of instructional staff to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders
- Works closely with the Professional Development Manger to ensure an adequate instructor pool to meet training delivery requests
- Develops, reviews, and revises policies pertaining to training delivery provided by Leidos
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors and 2 years of relevant experience. Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Ten years of management experience preferred of which at least five years in a training environment
- Working knowledge of weapons of mass destruction and hazardous materials which includes related experience in a WMD incident and/or experience with an incident classified as a terrorist act
- Functional knowledge of Federal response plan/NIMS
- Ability to lift a minimum of 65 pounds (i.e. SCBA and other equipment) during demonstrations
- Ability to perform prolonged standing, bending, climbing, kneeling and pushing and pulling carts of equipment
- Ability to wear Level A-C PPE including SCBA for period of 1.5 hours up to five hours
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. citizenship required
- All applicants must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.