Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Computer Scientist in the Ft. Meade area, MD.
Leidos is a 10-year incumbent prime contractor on a large multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems, and is pursuing a follow-on effort as a preferred subcontractor. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We will continue to provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Computer Scientist will support the development of engineering dashboards. The candidate will be responsible for setting up the ingestion of various customer dataflows to include pre-processing data into a useable format. The Computer Scientist will need to demonstrate a proven history of analyzing and presenting SIGINT information.
- Develop user-oriented software
- Work with researchers to develop visualizations and other methods to communicate analysis results
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary group of engineers to accomplish project tasks
- Build relationships with internal and external clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- CWIP Certification Compliance with IAM Level III (for candidates supporting TTO 203: HCSO QA and Mission Monitoring).
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in SOA and web-enabling technologies, programming languages, and industry-accepted security engineering practices and standards.
- Four (4) years of additional Computer Science related experience may be substituted for a Masters’ degree.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience with JAVA & NIFI to include the ability to write NIFI processors in JAVA is highly desired.
- Additional experience with SIGINT systems or modern telecommunications systems and networks.
- Proven experience developing prototype visualization tools to include requirements definition and execution.
- Expert experience with Python, Java, C++, Swift, or other programming languages that support Object-Oriented Programming.
- Working knowledge of UX frameworks.
- Proficiency in code development using Python for advanced analytics, including neural networks, long-short term memory (LSTM), clustering algorithms, natural language processing (NLP) and other Machine Learning approaches
- Experience in data labeling approaches to refine and build on current classification capabilities and support AI/ML big data analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.