This role requires an experienced Development Team Lead and Systems Engineer to perform as a Scrum Team Project Manager (SPM) in the IC environment. This role has direct leadership and interaction with one or more development teams and performs as a key customer liaison. The SPM supports the Agile Release Train Program Manager (ART PM) and Technical Lead (TL) in developing Epics, Features and application roadmaps for the design and development of new and existing applications. The SPM leads all aspects of a product’s design working with product managers to develop requirements and advise on prioritization. The SPM also performs risk management identification and mitigation, and development of implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment. This role works with internal systems engineers to ensure customer priorities are planned through the implementation lifecycle. Experience with requirements management, portfolio management, Lean Six Sigma, and other optimization methodologies.
This role is responsible for technical planning, coordination between Agile teams and mission customers; it also includes coordination of verification, validation, and deployments:
- A strategic thinker who can demonstrate understanding of requirements, foresee risks, make decisions guided by policies, procedures and a business plan with limited guidance
- Collaborates across roles to understand a customer’s mission objectives and define project goals
- Successfully execute project plans, remain sensitive to customer needs, resolve issues, and escalate when appropriate
- Captures and validates requirements, developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria and project milestones, and budgets while identifying and mitigating limitations to execution
- Communicates large and complicated concepts to customers and technical teammates easily. Is able to adjust communication style to context.
- Ability to apply judgement and tact to challenge, recommend, and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations
- A strategic business partner to help customers achieve their mission outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle through iterative feedback mechanisms
- Use agile delivery methodology to lead project teams consisting of business and technical resources while managing scope, schedule, and cost to create and execute a plan to achieve project goals
- The SPM tracks the team's work to the completion of all deliverables accepted into a PI.
- The SPM coordinates with team members and customer sets to ensure stories have all the information needed to complete the work and that all necessary stories are created.
- The SPM will coordinate / socialize production changes and brief appropriate boards for deployment approval.
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Expert experience operating in SAFe and Agile frameworks.
- Expert experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Expert experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- In-depth experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Candidate must have BS with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.