The Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. In order to continually modernize these networks, the Navy and Marine Corps will award project Task Orders onto the SMIT contract.
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager to support both transition and execution projects for the SMIT contract. This Project Manager will support CLIN 500 or CLIN 12 projects which may span multiple IT service domains, but will all be contributing to the modernization and transformation of the customer’s networks.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating team activities to manage and implement projects from initiation to final operational stage. Determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk. Lead the project team in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans. Identify and assemble the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements, working with our matrixed Engineering Management staff to secure the appropriate resources. Manage sub-contractors. Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project. Undertake status review meetings among project team members and clients. Work with management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules. Coach and advise team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or operational issues. Proactively influence customers to apply project planning methodologies. Ensure adherence to legally binding requirements. Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues. Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria. Analyze project progress/costs and facilitates the development of recommended alternatives.
**This position is contingent on new contract awards**
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be accountable for low complexity projects and their results.
- Create project documentation based on pre-existing templates.
- Update project status weekly and review with the Government customer.
- Ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Work with internal and external groups potentially on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Identify project risks throughout the life of the project.
- Keep stakeholders informed of project status and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders and sponsors.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT projects.
- Bachelors Degree in in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations, including schedule management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Candidate must possess excellent leadership, organization, communication and time management skills.
- Working experience in government contracting, particularly related to financial aspects and standard business practices (e.g., familiarity with and ability to interpret statements of work, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- Experience managing large-scale contract transitions and associated transition of services.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of information technology services to large organizations.
- PMP or DAWIA Certification.
- Earned Value Management experience.
- Prior experience managing NGEN contract projects.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.