We are looking for a Program Manager excited to support our customers by leading delivery program execution for complex security detection products. The Program Manager (PM) pro-actively leads all execution, management, and coordination of all program activities associated with assigned product delivery contracts and related growth projects during the full lifecycle of programs/projects through installation. This includes supporting the Sales team with bid proposals, then assuming program leadership starting with project set up through to successful installation until handoff to Leidos Service team. The PM ensures products are produced, delivered, installed, and accepted in accordance with program requirements. The PM leads assigned customer and stakeholder communications as the primary company interface as well cost/technical/schedule management ownership, program P&L ownership, new business/development support, and corresponding new business activities. Programs assigned are anticipated to include security detection product delivery to customers in the U.S. and Canada.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing key stakeholder relationships within the domestic and international aviation security environment, with a focus on the assigned product contract(s) to enable effective program execution and support new business opportunities.
- Responsible for managing cost, schedule, and technical performance of major programs/service in accordance with company and industry best practices for program management across the program lifecycle.
- Plans, organizes and integrates company resources required to successfully manage the program(s) and meet contractual obligations including leading functional team in execution and completion of all contractual obligations. This is done through development of a PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans, procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, delivering product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final payment.
- Develop and maintain strong internal partnerships across the Operation and functional teams (e.g. Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operations, Product Line Leads, Finance, Engineering, Service, Legal, and Quality)
- Establishes goals and objectives related to program support for the functional and program team; obtains their commitments to those goals; and, tracks progress.
- Program P&L ownership including developing and holding to financial goals.
- Identifies business development and value added sales opportunities related to programs.
- Supports product management efforts to manage the lifecycle of products and/or services including improvements, enhancement and obsolescence, and supports negotiations with customers.
- Prepares and reports program status to all stakeholders prepares and presents periodic status reports and monthly Program Management Reviews with the Operation Leadership Team.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant, on time and within budget.
- Driving a culture of precision-delivery, integrity, and high accountability for meeting plans.
- Effectively lead program support personnel as needed to achieve programmatic and organization goals.
- Develops and implements strategic improvement initiatives for delivery programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, International Business, Law-related degree, or other degree with direct relevance to the job description.
- A minimum of 8 to 12 years of related experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Integrity: Proven experience in leading projects with integrity focused on doing what is right, treating others with respect, and candid, open communication.
- Team: Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams and relationships in a matrix environment; influence people outside of direct reporting relationships/levels; and, communicate effectively at all levels.
- Trust: Proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective customer relationships, representing Leidos as a trusted partner with a passion for honoring all commitments.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with internal and external customers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications. Experience with MS 365 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and measurements to program management e.g., ROI, earned value management, net present value etc.
- Must be able to successfully negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with range of suppliers and customers.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments with knowledge of MRP systems and Configuration Management principles
- Understanding of global business in a highly regulated market.
- Security Requirement: US Public trust and ability to pass security vetting for site or customer visits (international and domestic US)
- Experience working with Aviation Security Detection Products. Other relevant industry experience considered.
- PMP® Certification is preferred. Relevant and successful Program/Project Management experience may be considered as an alternative.
- Must be able to travel on regular basis a minimum of twenty-five percent (25%) of the time to key customers and suppliers (international and domestic US)
- Experience leading projects internationally.
- Bi-lingual (English/French, English/Spanish or English/Portuguese).
- Experience with development, installation, delivery, maintenance/warranty, and/or management of security detection & automation equipment.
- Experience in obtaining various permits, licenses, and certifications, etc. for complex equipment and customer requirements.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.