Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Specific Job Description:
Provides technical direction in the Administrating, development and maintenance of IBM WebSphere Portal, Forms Experience Builder (FEB), IBM Connections, IBM connection Content Management (CCM) and Web Content Management (WCM) tools. Supports the administration and assists the development of the user interface and overall creative design for the application.
The WebSphere Portal Systems Administrator is responsible for applying frequent application software fixes troubleshooting issues, installing software, attending meetings, and working with development teams. The administrator must be proficient in the deployment of Portal artifacts and will be intimately involved in the Release Management process.
Candidate must be experienced in supporting a web environment, server infrastructure and understand network topology. Experience with web applications, IBM Http Server, other IBM WebSphere products, Red Hat Linux, shell scripting
Candidate must develop and test program code. Supports system implementation activities and develops system documentation. Collaborates with business and technical teams to evaluate general requirements and present the best solutions based on user-focused design principles. Creates innovative approaches to complex design problems and follows through to completion. Instructs and mentors other team members on technical implementation of tools. Must possess effective oral and written skills and strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. Must be a team player able to work in a dynamic environment and have a working knowledge of the SDLC and the associated processes and documentation.
- Strong IBM WebSphere Portal version 9 , Leap 9.2, Connections v7 , WebSphere Content Management( WCM ), Connection Content Management (CCM) , WebSphere Application Server(WAS) administration skills
- Experience with XML access, WCM Syndication and Portal Deployment best practices
- Experience with installing and configuring Portlets
- Ability to plan Portal installation, upgrade and cumulative fix and produce written documentation (procedures and work instructions)
- Experience with code and content versioning tool Code Commit
- Experience in RHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Experience in WebSphere Portal Server Development, configuration, Administration, Security configuration with Active Directory Server, Performance Tuning, Users and Group Management, Web Server configuration and Content Management
- Experience on WebSphere Portlet Factory (using Eclipse), Portlet API (JSR 168) and Portal Development Toolkit and RAD (Rational Application Developer)
- Hands on experience using Leap
- Hands one Experience in designing portal and Connection Content Management (CCM)
- Experience in deploying J2EE applications on WAS using WAS admin console and scripting tool.
- Develop and deploy Portlets using IBM portlet API and JSR 168 with Single Sign-on
- Integrate and implement Portlets using Web services
- Experience in web based/server side applications using J2EE Technologies (Java, Swing, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, DOM/SAX, Struts, Spring and Web Services
- Good understanding of N-Tiered Development.
- Knowledge of data Web SDK
- Knowledge of Section 508 requirements
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate
- Experience with LMS Portal integration
- Knowledge of RDBMS for structuring the data and enforcing the relationships of data between tables
- Knowledge of Data warehouse data structures
- Knowledge of Data warehouse reporting tools
General Experience: 12 years related experience, 5 or more years of Portal experience and 3 years of Websphere Portal, WebSphere Portal Server Development, Configuration, Administration, Security configuration with Active Directory Server, Performance Tuning, Users and Group Management, Web Server configuration and Content Management experience
Education: Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent years of experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.