The Defense Group at Leidos as an exciting opportunity as an ISSO Lead on our GSM-O II IDIQ contract’s Joint Service Provider (JSP) Cyber Security Task Order in Alexandria, VA. JSP provides a full range of IT products, services, and solutions and customer services to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), Director of Administration (DA), Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), and other OSD offices for them to meet mission and business requirements. Through the JSP Cyber Security program, JSP performs a wide variety of services and functions required to secure the information security posture for DoD services.
This is a hybrid position allowing 50% remote work after a brief ramp-up period (first 2-3 weeks will be 100% onsite during onboarding, then time will be split 50/50 onsite/remote).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the Information System Security Officer (ISSO)team of approximately 15 ISSOs and 2 Information System Security Engineers (ISSE) from Leidos and sub partners supporting the Joint Service Provider (JSP)
- Provide expert-level technical expertise to the team to ensure high quality product is delivered
- Mentor and train ISSO personnel
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Using expert-level knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity requirements, validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and lead required meetings
- Take senior-level corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make senior-level decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Author and review IS security-related documentation and submit to Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- As an IA Subject Matter Expert (SME), provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide expert-level security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team
- Lead lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team
- Active TS/SCI required.
- MS and 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience, add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- At least 8 years in IA technology or a related area
- 5 to 8 years Risk Management Framework experience
- years of project management work experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III or IAM Level III (CISSP or CISM required)
- Computing Environment (CE) / Operating System (OS) Certificate within 6 months of assignment to position.
- Expert knowledge of NIST SP 800-37, CNSSI 1253, FIPS 199 and NIST SP 800-53
- Expert in RMF accreditation processes
- Familiarity in CIRT processes and data spill cleanup procedures
- Expert with the Data-Write and Cross Domain Data Transfer processes
- Demonstrates leadership and customer service skills/Previous lead position
- Ability to create metrics, documentation, presentations, and procedures and communicate results effectively
- Expertise in auditing security controls
- Knowledge of Continuous Monitoring
- Expert in scanning and interpreting scan results
- Expert in STIGs and SRGs
- Knowledge of Common Control Processes
- Project Management skills
- Technical Writing Skills
- Working knowledge of DoD Pentagon headquarter customers
- Customer service skills both verbally and written
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.