Leidos is hiring a Systems Engineer in Alexandria, VA!
In this position you will provide systems engineering and integration support and technical expertise to government-sponsored R&D programs!
These programs enhance US capabilities to conduct countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) operations through the development of technologies to exploit WMD-related signatures. Additionally, the program enhances situational awareness (SA) of the WMD threat for actionable targeting.
Projects amplify fielded sensor performance through form/fit/function modifications and mission planning techniques which optimize signature collection opportunities and probabilities of detection!
- Provide expertise in defense acquisition and development processes, and comprehensive technical expertise in WMD-related sensing technologies for localizing and characterizing WMD threats and associated activities.
- Provide systems engineering and integration oversight and support planning and execution of portfolio activities, including requirements management, functional analysis, systems analysis, and transition planning.
- Perform technical planning activities of portfolio projects, to manage system development and to measure technical progress; evaluate alternative approaches to satisfy technical requirements and program objectives; assist performers as necessary to resolve technical issues.
- Evaluate WMD-related threats, signatures, and scenarios; collaborate with technical stakeholders to understand exploitation of signature propagation through environments (e.g., atmosphere, water, soil); collaborate with operational stakeholders to define capability gaps and requirements.
- Collaborate with R&D stakeholders to research ground, air and space-based sensing technologies and platforms; develop roadmaps with feasible technologies and effective system approaches to positively effect CWMD capabilities, within program resource constraints and allowable timelines.
- Coordinate and draft test and evaluation (T&E) plans; provide oversight of technology demonstration events; assist in planning, coordination, and execution to achieve objectives. Document and analyze test data, as required.
- Analyze sourced technology presentations and reports; submit conclusions and recommendations in summary reports to the government PM.
- Engage and collaborate with operators and stakeholder organizations to assess and promote emerging technologies; integrate R&D prototypes into warfighter exercises and training; to conduct proof of concept demonstrations of R&D technologies; and/or to conduct tabletop exercises (TTX) supporting CONOPS development and requirements definition for emerging capabilities.
- TS/SCI clearance (will consider TS clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI access).
- MS or above in engineering or physical science discipline
- 6+ years of systems engineering management and/or technical experience in IC and/or DoD-related acquisition programs.
- 3+ years WMD and/or sensing related experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio, MSWord, MS Excel, and especially with presentations in PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with handling of classified information and derivative classification procedures.
- Ability to travel 4-6 trips per year.
- Expertise in seismic, acoustic, electro-optical, and/or electromagnetic observables and signatures.
- Expertise in signature propagation, attenuation, and influences through physical environments (atmosphere, water, soil, etc.); familiarity with transport algorithms for modeling material or signature transport and dispersion.
- Knowledge of the generation/use of intelligence products obtained from overhead assets.
- Familiarity with data fusion methods associated with merging of intelligence disciplines (i.e., HUMINT/social media with technical methods - SIGINT, ELINT, MASINT, IMINT, etc.).
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.