Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Sr. ITSM Specialist?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is seeking a highly motivated Sr. ITSM Specialist out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Sr. ITSM Specialist will support a variety of infrastructure management activities and practices with a team of highly motivated, individuals who work in a collegial, collaborative work environment providing Cloud support to our DoD customer.
The Sr. ITSM Specialist will be responsible for identifying and leading ITSM process improvements to mature service delivery practices for our IT operations and the client. The Sr. ITSM Specialist will also work closely with our Service Level Managers to identify, track, manage and report SLAs and KPI metrics to ensure we are meeting our SLAs. The Sr. ITSM Specialist will serve as a key interface with the client in collecting data and establishing facts to be able to manage, maintain and improve performance standards.
- Identify, plan, and execute focused improvement projects to mature practice for IT Service delivery within our operations and client organizations
- Lead analysis projects focusing on aspects of ITSM maturity looking for improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with other teams and clients to implement the practice improvement maturity plans
- Support the update or creation of plans, SOPs, or work instructions designed to enhance 1901 Group’s (or a client’s) process maturity
- Assess related frameworks and controls (ITIL, FedRAMP, ISO, etc.) and recommend improvements to mature practice or compliance
- Support development of Service Level Management processes and reporting of SLAs, risk, compliance and overall progress to the client.
- Participate in incident and/or escalation management, helping to prioritize issues and resources, communicate to customers and teammates, and facilitate meaningful issue and risk discussions.
- Design, development, and implementation of knowledge management strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in process improvement and IT service level management, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional certification
- Expertise in Project Management and Coordination.
- Familiar with the processes of continual improvement in the efficiency & effectiveness of the entire organization through the delivery of performance dashboards.
- Ability to work independently with little to no management guidance.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills
- Analytical with strong problem skills
- Data and evidence driven
- Able to manage long term projects and multiple priorities
- Interested in process, practice standards, or organizational quality management
- US Citizen
- DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
- Familiarity with cloud technology environments – specifically cloud based IT operations and service delivery
- Experience with ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.