Are you ready to make a difference? Leidos is a Fortune 500 technology, engineering, science solution and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil and health industries.
The GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) program has an opening for a Network Technical Trainer. Individual will plan, develop and deliver technical training programs for an 800-person operations team. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and provides the worldwide Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The trainer will analyze training needs and develop programs; evaluate third party training providers; develop lesson plans, training materials, course content and methodology; and manage delivery of training across multiple formats.
- Develop a master training plan for Operations & Maintenance staff to include each Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Update and manage the program’s training portal
- Develop and implement training curriculum for each NOC and technology
- Manage a training library. Review current documents and resources and coordinate with NOC leads/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for updates.
- Conduct training reviews with leads and managers for each employee to establish an effective individual training plan.
- Source/Identify outside training opportunities (Vender, and/or other outside agencies)
- Provide “Train the Trainer” classes for O&M trainers
- Oversee and manage the Remote Training program for future use as necessary
- Evaluate efficacy of training and application of knowledge
- Provide train-the-trainer programs
- Qualify trainers for content delivery.
- Manage a training calendar, schedule classes (i.e. MSPP, 6500, WCF, etc), and coordinate attendees with DISA Global East and West Leads.
- Report monthly training stats to Program Manager and Service Delivery Managers (individual training percentages, up-level training completion, and any other reportable training data as required by the SDM
- 2-4 years of organizational training management
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and program leadership and with business customers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Teams
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Familiarization with SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally
- Telework is available up to 40% of the time.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Experience leading distributed teams
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.