The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a Software and Algorithm Developer to provide mission critical software and algorithm support to our customer. This role will work to develop and support IC enterprise products. As a Software and Algorithm Developer on this program, you will have the opportunity to analyze advanced mission tools and software utilizing developmental capabilities and experience to support a complex technical program. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the research and development (R&D) lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. This challenging and dynamic position will provide you with the opportunity to be part of something exciting with the ability to use your experience on this important, fast-paced, mission critical program. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan and a generous 401k and these are just a few of the great benefits. This position requires a TS/SCI clearance with a poly. Ready to tackle your next challenge then we want you on our team.
- Manage, build, configure, administer, operate and maintain all components that comprise software and algorithm development
- Leverage proficiency in software development using industry standards and emerging toolsets to perform rapid prototyping
- Develop and maintain the rapid development of tools, algorithms and prototype capabilities to support R&D
- Test and develop tool prototypes to advance processing techniques, analysis support and mission operations
- Produce new software, algorithms, analytics and other mission software requirements
- Mature engineering code related to artifact mitigation, calibration and data format translation
- Implement advanced processing techniques into relevant tools and software for expanding mission awareness
- Facilitate the dissemination of data
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
- BS or equivalent experience in Electrical/Computer/Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other related field
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience using high performance computing including graphics processing units
- The ability to innovate in the cloud environment using tools such as Docker, Consul, Kubernetes, Jenkins and other tools related to continuous integration
- Be able to utilize best practices writing and automating unit and integration test to provide verification of software functionality
- Experience with community analytic tools
- Experience working in an R&D lab setting
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.