This is a mid-level operations position supporting a large 24/7 enterprise network. The analyst will have a working knowledge of wired, wireless, VPN and authentication applications as they relate to the Local Area Network. The analyst must be able to work in a mission critical production environment. Must be able to analysis risk and react in the best interest of network stability. The Analyst will have excellent communication and collaboration skills working directly with federal customers and remote vendors. Must be able to troubleshoot, deploy and upgrade Cisco/Juniper and Aruba LAN equipment with limited direction. Must be able to follow pre-defined process and workflow. The Analyst position requires attention to detail and documentation of all work performed.
- Support a large user base to resolve wired, wireless, VPN and network authentication problems. Communicate one on one with customers via telephone, email and instant message.
- Support the Network Engineering Team to deploy new hardware and software for network expansion and enhance functionality.
- Work closely with peers and local technicians to identify and repair physical layer issues.
- Work with other NOC teams to identify WAN, Firewall, security, DDI problems affecting the LAN.
- Support on-call rotation for after-hours escalations and critical outages.
- Participate in regular operations staff meeting to review project(s) status and learn about upcoming activities.
- At least 5 years of enterprise network management and troubleshooting experience.
- Hands on working knowledge at CCNA level implementation and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of VoIP networking systems and internet security.
- Working knowledge of network authentication process and/or Cisco ISE deployments for closed networks.
- Cisco switch/router CLI
- Putty/Secure CRT
- Experience supporting VPN fundamental concepts through Cisco ASAs
- Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Ability to be self-directed and take direction well
- Ability to develop plans that consider importance, urgency, risks, and the best interest of the customer.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work on-site or remote.
- Ability to work first or second shift.
- CCNP certification
- Cisco Prime Monitoring/Management experience
- Cisco Nexus CLI experience
- Cisco ASA certification/experience
- Cisco ISE Management experience
- Cisco DNAC/SDA management experience
- Unexpired Secret Security Clearance
Education: HS Diploma and or equivalent years of experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.