The Leidos Cyber & SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operation continues to grow in Annapolis Junction/Columbia, Maryland areas. Join a tremendous technical team responsible for solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
This large, multi-year contract is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to support the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, active collection systems.
Our legacy of over 20 years as the Prime Vendor gives you the confidence that you will be working with the organization’s top producer of critical SIGINT data. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore the latest capabilities within the Intelligence Community.
The Network Engineer will perform network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations.
- Oversee the support to all network equipment.
- Develop designs of the organization's network and mission architecture to meet new partner requirements.
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations.
- Resolve complex network problems, operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment and network simulators.
- Design modules representing traditional circuit switched networks.
Security Clearance requirement:
- Possess an active TS/SCI clearance with current Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and a minimum of 7 years total experience in network design or network security where under general direction, manages the installation and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems
- Experience with Juniper Switches, routers, encryption devices, copper and fiber connectivity and protocols is a MUST.
- Knowledge of and experience with Juniper devices is required, as is some knowledge of file storage applications in native and virtual environments.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience resolving complex network issues where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation using network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, network analyzers and simulators
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience performing installation, management, and support of LAN/WAN communications, including Ethernet systems, timing systems, and network optimizers using several COTS products to include routers, switches, VoIP call managers, network accelerators, video teleconferencing platforms, multiple firewalls, and servers with various installed Operating Systems (OS)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, terminal servers, and Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience performing network security architecture, design, and integration on UNIX, Windows, Linux, or other operating systems (OS) configurations.
- Linux experience is highly desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.