Leidos is actively interviewing for a Cyber Operations Research and Development Specialist to join our team in Keyport, WA.
In accordance with JAFAN 6/0, DoD Manual 5205.07 Volumes 1-4, ICDs, the employee shall perform the following cyber operations analysis, research and support technical services:
- Conduct software and hardware reverse engineering on systems and embedded platforms (JTAG/UART probing, PCB mods and RE, etc.).
- Utilize testing tools such as IDA Pro, Ollydbg, Ghidra, WinDdg, Kali Linux, and/or Wireshark on systems and software to conduct threat modeling and analysis.
- Perform static and dynamic analysis on software written in varied programing languages
- Work with mobile or embedded devices to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Reverse engineer and develop using non-Intel architectures such as ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, etc.
- Assist the project leads with establishing project plans to include identification of resource and funding requirements, as well as monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on task execution
- Technical depth in one or more embedded security topics such as side-channel analysis, FPGA analysis, fault induction attacks, board-level and firmware/software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery.
- Technical understanding of topics relating to embedded systems security.
- Experience-based understanding of secure software development practices
- Knowledge of communications theory as applied to RF engineering problems involving developing, diagnosing, and operating survey and collection systems.”
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience and familiarity in providing shore-based information technology infrastructure security support such as vulnerability identification, secure operations and incident response.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience and familiarity providing technical services and analytic expertise in SCI/SAP program security management for DOD, DON and/or NUWC, Keyport.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in cyber security management functions such as staff briefings, program/project evaluation and project management assistance.
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), certification and accreditation (C&A) and/or Authorization To Operate (ATO) processes and requirements.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment to build solutions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Develop, diagnose, and operate complex computer systems.
- Identify customer needs and validate product design.
- Handle multiple assignments.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Degree: STEM or ABET accredited degree
- Certification: possess an approved DoD 8570.01/8140 cybersecurity workforce certification or obtain requisite cybersecurity certification within six months of assignment to position.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats.
- Results oriented interpersonal security management expertise.
- Certification: CompTIA Security+ or SANS GIAC Penetration Testing
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.