This individual will be responsible for managing system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails developing solutions for system engineering requests to meet operational needs as well as deploying and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains and supporting infrastructure and managing a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. Position requires an energetic, focused, and driven candidate who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess networking skills or must have the ability to learn and complete various network-centric undertakings.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configuration configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Linux and Microsoft-based servers and workstations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining complex server enclaves, including establishing system scanning procedures, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and leading IT optimization projects.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems and developing re-work solutions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
- Lead working groups that providing technical direction for system administrators and Engineering groups.
- Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades, and conferring with upper management regarding recommended resolution options.
- Understanding of Red Hat 6.5 and Red Hat 7 required.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of experience as a systems administrator or Master’s degree with 6 years of experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Familiarity with Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016 required.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, RHCE, Network +.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Experience with High Assurance platforms.
- Experience with application integration testing methods.
- Experience with software deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.