The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a Jr. Systems Engineer to provide mission critical support to our customer. This role will work to develop and support IC enterprise products. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. This challenging and dynamic position is located in the Northern Virginia area on a new 5-year contract which will provide you with the opportunity to be part of something exciting. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan and generous 401k, which are just a few of the great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team. This position will require a TS/SCI clearance with a poly.
- The selected individual will be responsible for supporting systems engineering requirements and coordination with team partners
- Operating in an agile environment with close collaboration with team members, government stakeholders and external development teams.
- Supporting daily systems engineering requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Support and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Develop test plans that validate requirements
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- BS and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Experience as a Linux system administration (to include but not included to, Shell scripting; Basic knowledge of Linux processes and processing; Basic troubleshooting; File maintenance; and Process Monitoring).
- Must be familiar with AWS or other on-demand cloud computing platforms
- Must be familiar with secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems simultaneously.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be comfortable working both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Previous experience deploying capability into operations for our government customer.
- Operating in an agile environment with other team members and government stakeholders.
- Experience working with a cloud-based system (AWS)
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.