Leidos is seeking an experienced Site Physical Security Officer for the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. The candidate will work as part of a multi-functional security project team to facilitate physical and industrial security actions related to a fast-paced, highly visible program supporting the US Navy. Under the SMIT program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Site Physical Security Officer is responsible for executing procedures and processes to provide physical protection for personnel, company and government property, day-to-day damage, vandalism, loss prevention and other related security risk programs and meets required codes and regulations. Compiles data for loss control and accident reports. Supports and conducts internal investigations in accordance with legal, contractual and company policies. Work performed at a higher level may include implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on physical security issues such as: access control, security training, regulatory requirements, security policies, procedures, and emerging trends in physical security. Additionally, incumbent will participate in guiding and implementing the application of personal and physical security measures under U.S. government national industrial security directives (NISPOM DoD 5220.22-M, etc.), Information Security Program (SECNAV 5510 -36)
- Works under the guidance of the Leidos Regional Security Manager in the application of Leidos physical and industrial security standards and practices to existing Government facilities identified by the contract
- Resolves complex problems and issues faced, which may require complete understanding of broader set of issues
- Works with Leidos stakeholders to fully understand and document security requirements for the use of security applications, devices, hardware, services, and systems
- Works with internal partners to develop effective strategies to mitigate vulnerabilities, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the organization from security risks
- Attends project meetings and calls, functioning as the physical security expert
- Has the ability to find new and creative security solutions while working within project constraints
- Works in conjunction with workplace security system engineers to develop security designs for electronic access control and alarm systems
- Coordinates with vendors on the installation and testing of security systems and related devices
- Performs ad-hoc site inspections for local Government facilities and provides oversight and guidance to vendors as needed
- Support the draft, review, and maintain internal policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to Physical and Industrial Security.
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice to ensure systems and personnel adhere to established physical security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems
- Serve as the customer primary point of contact and provide guidance for all base and space access requirements to include DBIDS for the Hampton Roads region, new hire briefing, access control for both NIPR and SIPR spaces, intrusion detection systems, locks, etc.
- Provides pre-inspections for government CCRI audits
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience
- Prior experience using the Defense Information Security System (DISS)
- Technical knowledge of electronic and physical security systems including the Lenel access control system
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with minimum direction
- Proven success integrating physical security measures into complex environments in conjunction with maintaining life/safety requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel both internal and external via verbal and written communications
- U.S Citizen currently possessing an active DOD Secret security clearance
- Accreditation/certification in industrial and/or physical security (ISP, PSC, etc.)
- Experience working at Government locations
- Prior experience supporting Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI)
- Self-starter, with ability to establish priorities, resolve immediate security issues
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.