Leidos has an opening for a Continuity Management Specialist to support national security functions within the Intelligence Community (IC). This position will provide critical operations, logistics, and planning support to the customer to ensure preparedness during continuity and emergency events. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Specialist will provide recommendations and technical support to the customer’s continuity and emergency management missions. The Specialist will brief a variety of audiences, provide educational instruction and training regarding continuity and emergency management best practices. The Specialist will lead the development and maintenance of policies, plans, and procedures that ensure the agency can successfully execute continuity and emergency management capabilities under all conditions and circumstances. The Specialist will prepare continuity and emergency management and building evacuation training materials. The Specialist will provide support to components in plan development and maintenance of component level plans, and assist with reviewing and evaluating agency functions, interdependencies, and assess compliance with applicable authorities. In the event of a national security event or other emergency, the Specialist will provide temporary surge support to the customer at all customer facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 to 12 years work experience or a Master’s degree with 6 to 10 years work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of federal continuity and emergency management program roles, responsibilities, plans, procedures, policies and concepts as well as knowledge of IC elements and/or ODNI components missions and relationships
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing and coordinating emergency management policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills are necessary in order to brief leadership
- During national security emergencies, national special security events, or any other emergencies, the Specialist will be expected to be available 24 hours a day/7days a week/365 days a year as required by the customer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Possession of a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Willing to obtain the FEMA Level I Professional Continuity Practitioner and the DRII Business Continuity Certification
- Exposure to FEMA emergency management classes are desired
- Must possess a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.