The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead our support of the Integrated Threat Warning Laboratory (ITWL) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. As the Leidos Program Manager, you will manage a high-performance team of engineers, scientists and technicians performing risk reduction experiments and characterizations of advanced aircraft threat warning systems using hardware-in-the-loop techniques, validated with field tests. This is a senior-level position providing programmatic and people leadership of a large-scale contract spanning several functional areas and multiple customer sets
- Lead and supervise contractor personnel and manage performance and administrative aspects of the program
- Manage a $40M+ contract requiring programmatic and technical oversight of work to ensure all projects are completed at a high quality, on schedule, and within budget.
- Work with the govt customer to ensure obligated funds are appropriately allocated across to tasks for labor, subcontracts, ODC’s, service contracts, travel etc.
- Interact frequently with our government customers to report on contract and project status, develop project requirements, statements of work, project milestones, and best approaches to meet end-user needs.
- Serve as the Government’s primary point of contact and primary “face to the customer” for the corporation
- Manage the program to scope, schedule, budget, and risk and developing program documentation such as, program schedules, financial reports, and risk management documentation
- Collaborate with others in the LInC to pursue other business opportunities for both the ITWL and other related technical areas
- Prepare charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing and effectively presenting information
- Review risk and risk mitigation activities of the program and propose budgets for the same
- Evaluate, analyze, and propose operational and technical alternatives
- Schedule and assign work to subordinates and subcontractors and monitor progress and resolves discrepancies to ensure compliance with work quality standards and contract and task order requirements
- Direct technical teams and integrate subtasks to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors
- Provide information to the Government regarding significant issues and provide recommended solutions in a transparent manner, including taking corrective action to issues brought by the Government Program Manager, Contracting Officer Representative and Leidos technical staff
- Ensure a positive, collaborative, and inclusive work environment where staff feel challenged and enjoy their work.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must hold at least a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- Possess Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or able to obtain within 6 months)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering program management, computer science, engineering, or related discipline with at least 15 years prior relevant experience or master’s degree with at least 13 years prior relevant experience
- Have at least five years’ experience managing a team of technical staff
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with the Government at all levels including interfacing with senior military and Government personnel in high-level briefings and meetings, while maintaining and nurturing internal relationships with corporate leadership, functional leaders, and team members
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Understanding of aircraft threat warning and/or countermeasure systems
- Knowledge of electro-optical sensor systems
- Understanding of hardware-on-the-loop testing
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.