The Maritime Systems Division at Leidos has an opening for a Computer / Electrical Engineer in our Sterling Va. location. We are looking for a hands-on engineer who enjoys designing, building, and testing hardware systems in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team that is committed to supporting our warfighters. If you are searching for challenging electrical engineering work, contact us at Leidos today!
- Develop COTS based electrical designs for ruggedized computer based IT products used on Navy ships.
- Develop electrical product architectures that leverage COTS products
- Conduct margin analysis of electrical systems
- Develop tests plans, conduct tests, and document results
- Manage small to medium sized engineering projects
- Provide production work instructions in the form of schematics, drawings, build books and test instructions.
- Work closely with venders to track product updates, change information or end of life / last time buy.
- Design products that are not available from COTS, or when COTS provide marginal performance. Where in-house design is impractical, provide design requirements to offload the design to other engineers.
- Write firmware and apply it to microcontrollers
- Select Embedded Computer based on requirements
- Select Computer Memory and Storage based on requirements
- Load and test computer BIOS
- Determine Video and display technology based on requirements
- Load and test Windows OS and applications
- Load and test Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS and applications
- Write scripts or programs for Windows and / or Linux to automate applications or automate testing
- Connect copper and or fiber cable as required to simulate customer requirements using switches and or media converters.
- Log into and program network switch for test environments
- Write and run networking test scripts
- Provide instruction to or take instruction from engineering team members as required
- Must be a US citizen and ability to obtain Security Clearance
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Proficiency with Electrical Schematic Capture and Layout CAD design tools
- Familiarity with electronics including relays, transistors, resistors, capacitors and microcontrollers
- Experience specifying and integrating COTS electronics into industrial or military environments
- Ability to develop test plans and procedures of electrical systems
- Experience writing instruction set for programmable controllers
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 6.x, 7.x and 8.x
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Professional versions 7, and 10
- Experience designing and building cables to meet power, data and environmental requirements
- Experience with Military Environmental Qualification Standards
- Computer and system design experience for Navy Shipboard applications
- Experience with PIC Microcontroller programming
- Industry recognized certifications CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +, Red Hat or Microsoft certifications
- Understanding of Mil-Std-1399 Section 300
- Understanding Mil-Std-461F
- Experience programming in C, Basic and scripting
- Experience with electrical test equipment, signal generators, power-supplies, DVM, brightness and sound meters
- Experience running environmental qualification tests
- Experience with designing for EMI
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.