The VP, Business Development Strategy Executive for the Intelligence Organization is responsible for the strategic planning activities driving Leidos pursuit of the Intelligence work leading to increased market/revenue growth to Leidos. Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and market analysis, competitive intelligence, budget analysis, Customer buying patterns, technology trends, current Leidos capabilities and gap analysis. Additionally, you will be required to support the communication and implementation of the strategy.
Strategy Development Responsibilities:
- This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of Strategy and Business Development (S&BD) for the Intelligence Group.
- Work collaboratively with the Intelligence Operations BD&S Vice Presidents and across the company to ensure company's success.
- Build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in BD&S in other Groups as well as Corporate Strategy leadership to promote collaboration.
- Work to establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Intel Group. Serve as a role model and leader for positive change.
- Lead the Intelligence Group Strategy development process and activities aligned with the overall corporate strategic plan and planning process that informs and integrates with the corporate strategy and establishes the foundation of success to meet or exceed the overall Corporate and Group business goals.
- In collaboration with Intelligence Line Operation staff and BD&S VPs, lead and collaborate with internal market analysts and external market research firms to acquire and develop supporting analysis for strategy development.
- Identify capability and technology gaps and opportunities - coordinate and leverage centrally funded technology development across Leidos, adjacent program capabilities, industry partnerships, IP, and customer relationships to maximize and support an integrated Group and cross company strategy.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of changes in the market and customer environment and provide timely recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or mitigation of potential impacts to the Leidos Intelligence strategy.
- Support all Organic (New Business & OCG) planning and opportunity development activities as well as inorganic activities (M&A Council), divestures, geographic expansions, partnerships, Joint Ventures, facilitating the strategic growth of the Intel Group and its strategy.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices as required.
Business Development Operations Responsibilities:
- Monitor new business funds, closest to the pin, and other metrics for the SVP and VP of Business Development for Intel Group
- Support the Group SVP in achieving overall BD and capture activities and business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth
- Oversee the execution of all planning and review activities, to include opportunity updates to the SVP, collaboration sessions, gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, color reviews, and all weekly and monthly reporting
- Ensure operations follow the Gate Review Process
- Ensure all Group and Operations BD actions are tracked and ensure proper closure
- Identify areas for process improvements and improved maximum use of tools within Operations (such as metrics, dashboards, reports, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience, including 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience working directly with the Intelligence Community
- Experience with Intel/DoD budget, investments, and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated success closing one or more Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- TS/SCI strongly desired, but may consider TS with SCI eligibility
Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.