1901 Group currently has an opening for a SOC Analyst in its Blacksburg, VA office.
As a SOC Analyst, you will utilize a Security Information Event Management system to:
- Monitor and analyze security events of interest to detect security risks and threats on the customer’s network
- Continuously tune and create rules to identify anomalies within firewall, IDS, IPS activity to allow the Security Operations Center (SOC) to rapidly identify and respond to security events
- Identify incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrence
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams.
- Perform threat hunting by analyzing information from various sources
Play a major role with vulnerability identification and management by:
- Performing vulnerability scans, analyze results, and lead efforts to resolve the findings throughout the environment
- Working with system administrators to document and validate secure benchmarks (CIS, DISA STIG, secure configurations) applied to information systems
- Supporting escalation to and work closely with Sr. analysts and engineers as required
Work closely with Operations & the Incident Response Team to:
- Support and enhance the incident response process and procedures
- Monitor and respond to events and alerts from the SIEM, investigating events of interest and escalating to senior SOC members.
- Identify & track vulnerabilities using the provided scan engines and report on their remediation progress.
- Configure vulnerability scan engines to perform authenticated scans against systems for accurate reporting.
- Improve upon customer’s detection and response capabilities. Provide tuning and filtering recommendations to engineering team.
- Create tickets & tasks tracking investigations, remediation, and requests.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Present findings to SOC members and customer Information Assurance teams
- Perform research against applicable CVEs to identify mitigating controls to support documenting the waivers, false positives, or risk exceptions.
- Support the SOC and its customers drafting applicable planned objectives, actions, and milestones (POA&M) reports.
- Provide input and documentation for security controls mapped against secure frameworks such as NIST SP 800-37 and NIST SP 800-53.
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams and present findings to management.
- Mentor and train other information security operations analysts
- Stay abreast of current threats and vulnerabilities, particularly those that may directly impact the customer.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field and 2+ years of prior work experience.
- Must be able to obtain an agency clearance.
- Currently possess CompTIA Security+ or CySA
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Certifications such as CCNA CyberOps, CISA, GCIA, GCIH, or AWS Cloud Practioner or Associate-level certifications desired
- Experience with enterprise antivirus solutions
- Experience with vulnerability scanners such as Tenable.sc or Tenable.io, Nessus Professional, or Rapid7 Nexpose
- Previous experience as a member of an Incident Response team.
- Previous experience as a member of an audit/assessment team
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.