The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Voice Systems Engineer to support a client’s requirements in a challenging and dynamic setting located at Vandenberg SFB, CA. The successful candidate will be required to execute, refine, and supervise the processes and procedures of Voice System Engineering operations in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications. The candidate will be required to possess demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to work constructively and collaboratively across multiple functional and technical areas to achieve a positive impact on explicitly stated and implicit program goals and business results.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application data processing in a complex computing environment. Applicants will exercise comprehensive technical Systems Engineering knowledge in order to meet or exceed prescribed Performance Requirements Standards (PRS). Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems, the ideal candidate will be integral to ensuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated Voice Systems Engineering support.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide system level engineering support to infrastructure, related telecommunications trunk circuits, voicemail and telephone instrument units.
- Provide systems engineering support to enterprise voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems including Cisco VoIP phone units, voicemail and Call Manager System.
- Provide consistent execution of Voice availability and reliability through the direction of proactive engineering methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Develop and implement technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ensures the availability of mission critical launch communications systems through proactive voice systems IT systems engineering
- Performs incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues in order to restore service
- Supports configuration management and change management activities
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Must understand complex, classified, mission specific communications infrastructure and technology that specifically supports US strategic launch capabilities
- Requires Launch or mission operations experience
- Experience performing voice systems engineering on mission critical systems
- Understand mission critical desktop and communications hardware and software
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Must be willing to perform call-in support as required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Strong Analytical skills
- SharePoint, ServiceNow
- ITIL Foundations certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.