The EW Division of Leidos is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our cross-functional engineering team to implement tools and processes to ensure Leidos’ key processes have robust plans to deliver first time quality. The person will investigate, evaluate, and resolve quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Quality Engineer will conduct analysis of defects and lead multiple projects to completion.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Work with internal process owners and suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
• Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
• Perform process audits to ensure that Leidos and Suppliers’ QMS is maintained and process improvements are sustained.
• Maintain the quality management system.
• Maintain the SharePoint site containing the information for the site’s quality management system.
• Generate work instructions and provide design for manufacturability input during design and development efforts.
• Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, or ability to obtain.
• Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001:2015
• The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
• Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Must have product electronic manufacturing experience.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated.
• US Citizenship required. Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. (Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
• Experience working with a Contract manufacturer of complex electro-mechanical systems
• Possess knowledge and experience with the manufacturing, inspection, and acceptance of Electro-mechanical systems and/or Printed Circuit Boards of varying complexities.
• Direct knowledge of Manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.