This position requires a dedicate Windows system administrator who is ready to learn the behind-the-curtain skills needed to provide physical access control and video surveillance systems that protect NASA's people, property, and projects. Join us at AEGIS where the sky is NOT the limit.
- Administer Windows desktop and server computer systems that are endpoints of an agency physical security infrastructure
- Analyze and apply appropriate mitigations for IT Security vulnerabilities as identified by inventory and scanning tools
- Update NASA System Security Plan documentation
- System administration of Windows desktop and server computer systems including installation and maintenance of operating systems (including patches and feature updates), antivirus software, physical security application software, joining systems to a domain, and updating security certificates
- Knowledge of basic electronic physical security and access control and video surveillance concepts
- Knowledge of basic Internet protocol network concepts (routers, switches, VLANs, ACLs, firewalls, and certificates)
- NASA System Security Plan structure and manipulation (including security control implementation details, inventories, border documentation, contingency plans, plans of actions and milestones, and risk based documents)
- User-level familiarization with software application including Microsoft 365 Suite, BMC Remedy, and Lenel OnGuard suite
Desired Certifications / Training:
- Microsoft certification for Windows desktop or server administration
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Lenel Certified Professional certification
Potential for Telework (if any):
There is a potential for telework, but some tasks must be completed on-site
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.