We are looking to hire a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to provide a full range of cyber security services on a long-term contract in Baltimore, MD. The position is full time/permanent and will support a US Government civilian agency.
- Perform hunting for malicious activity across the network and digital assets
- Respond to computer security incidents and conduct threat analysis
- Identify and act on malicious or anomalous activity
- Conducts analysis using a variety of tools and data sets to identify indicators of malicious activity on the network
- Perform detailed investigation and response activities for potential security incidents
- Provide accurate and priority driven analysis on cyber activity/threats
- Perform payload analysis of packets
- Recommends implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls
- Ensures all pertinent information is obtained to allow for the identification, containment, eradication, and recovery actions to occur in a time sensitive environment
- Collaborates with technical and threat intelligence analysts to provide indications and warnings, and contributes to predictive analysis of malicious activity
- Develop innovative monitoring and detection solutions using client tools and other skillsets such as scripting and content development
- Create and continuously improve standard operating procedures used by the SOC
- Resolve or coordinate the resolution of cyber security events
- Monitor incoming event queues for potential security incidents
- Create, manage, and dispatch incident tickets
- Monitor external event sources for security intelligence and actionable incidents
- Maintain incident logs with relevant activity
- Document investigation results, ensuring relevant details are passed to SOC Lead, Incident Management team and stakeholders
- Participate in root cause analysis or lessons learned sessions
- Mentor junior staff in cybersecurity techniques and processes
- BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- In-depth knowledge of the US-CERT Federal Incident Notification Guidelines
- 4 years of Information Technology experience, with at least 4 years of experience in information security working within security operations
- Splunk, RSA Security Analytics and Akamai WAF experience preferred
- Working knowledge of TrendMicro and McAfee host-based solutions
- Career proven knowledge of log, network, and system forensic investigation techniques
- Significant experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, or intrusion prevention logs
- Significant experience with packet analysis (Wireshark) and Malware analysis preferred
- Intelligence driven defense utilizing the Cyber Kill Chain (CKC)
- Knowledge of diverse operating systems, networking protocols, systems administration and security technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and knowledge of the OSI model
- Experience creating actionable content for a diverse range of commercial security tools and/or SIEM technologies
- Significant experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with the ability to de-construct problems
- Strong customer service skills and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of client infrastructure preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start.
- Minimum 4-years of experience in SOC/CIRT with 2-3 years of specific experience as a senior level analyst, Lead Analyst or Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Experience with Splunk, RSA Security Analytics and Akamai Web Application Firewall preferred
- Experience at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Previous SOC/ CIRT experience at a federal agency similar in size, scope, and complexity
- Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.