The qualified candidate will serve as a Network Engineer within an established Information Technology team that will be providing network security engineering support for secure and unsecure environments. Under the direction of the Information Technology Lead the position specific responsibilities will include:
- Network Engineering support and IT Program Manager support to various programs.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as TACLANEs, firewalls, switches, servers, gateways, etc.
- Develop and maintain network diagrams per program.
- Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
- Conduct vulnerability management (scanning, DISA STIGs, assessment, reporting, and mitigation verification), tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Build networks for new programs as directed from PMs and or leadership.
- Attend collaboration meetings per assigned program reference networking.
- Install hardware and software as required per networking.
- Work with IT IA team to close findings and for other related security posture related maintenance.
Conduct cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration, or related discipline, or 12 – 15 years of direct experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current CCNA or equivalent and an IAT II certification.
- Extensive experience with TACLANEs, routers, switches, firewalls, servers, and a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
- The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Experience managing multiple networks
- Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.