The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking an RF Communications Engineer to develop prototype solutions and algorithms using advanced RF signals. This role will join a team of engineers, and developers to support exploratory research, analysis, design, and development of processing algorithms and other innovations to improve existing systems and analytic capabilities. As an RF Communications Engineer, you will support proof-of-concept experiments, design and develop solutions and algorithms using RF communications frequencies. This challenging and dynamic position is located in the United Kingdom and will provide you with the opportunity to be part of something exciting while allowing you to use your technical expertise on this important, fast-paced, mission critical program. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced generous benefits plan. This position requires a TS/SCI clearance with a poly. Ready to tackle your next challenge then we want you on our team.
- Develop solutions and algorithms on advanced RF and digital communication applications to enhance existing and future communication systems
- Tailor tools and techniques to successfully execute mission requirements
- Conduct proof of concept experiments and develop capabilities to support initiatives to enhance operations
- Lead and develop RF signal applications using programming languages relevant to the signals processing environment
- Complete experiments to enhance the design performance of RF Communications systems and continually assess all stages of operations to ensure that requirements are met
- Provide SME support to prototype systems supporting RF Communications systems
- Effectively compare operational requirements and capabilities of multiple communications systems to enhance existing RF Communications systems
- Support all enhanced innovation activities
- Requires a BS degree in a technical field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience developing synthetic solutions for emitters at different frequencies
- Experience bias correcting geolocations using ground-based references
- Experience with iterative demodulation and decoding
- Experience in conducting bias-correcting experiments
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
- Experience working in an R&D lab setting
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.