The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Stowage Integrator to work in our Webster, TX location. This position supports NASA in the Cargo Mission Contract’s Cargo Processing team by performing analytical assessments and physical processing of space flight hardware before shipment to various launch sites. The tasks of the stowage integrator ensure that final packed configurations meet requirements within scope and time constraints, with the ultimate goal of successful delivery to the vehicle integrators.
- Manage the overall manifest for a given NASA mission (to the International Space Station or Orion) and coordinate best solutions for optimizing hardware to meet the mission’s science and vehicle system objectives
- Communicate with internal team and NASA customer in regards to stowage products on assigned mission
- Plan an accurate stowage configuration based on bag level containment for specific vehicle types
- Organize and accommodate all manifested hardware into stowage layouts, using custom software iPac, according to requirements and constraints
- Review electronic Launch, Return and On-orbit Data Set (eLRODS) for hardware requirements, and implement requirements in layouts
- Distribute layouts to stakeholders as required
- Identify stowage issues with hardware items, make recommendations for resolution, and coordinate with cargo team, hardware providers and requirement owners to implement resolution. Ensure issues are resolved in order to meet schedule constraints.
- Manage the stowage integration tasks within the integrated hardware delivery schedule to ensure on-time, accurate product deliveries to NASA and vehicle integrators
- Attend meetings with internal and external teams, including daily cargo tag up, NASA weekly tag up, stowage integration tag ups, hardware audit and packing readiness review
- Perform fitcheck using flight hardware and stowage containment (such as Cargo Transfer Bags, lockers, ziplocs, Teflon bags, etc). Update layouts according to fitcheck outcome.
- Perform other physical processing tasks including hardware inspection, packaging, labeling, and measuring actual weights and dimensions
- Verify that final packed configuration meets hardware requirements and constraints, as documented in eLRODS and stowage layouts
- Capture measured bag level mass properties and deliver in report format to the vehicle integrator
- Update Work Instructions as needed with new processes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Organized, proactive, and communicate clearly
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with handling flight hardware
- Drafting and/or 3D visualization skills
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. United States Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident/Green Card holder status is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.