Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities? There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to support the implementation and administration of information security policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure the protection of systems, applications, and data in support of the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) program.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, which provides secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and intelligence communities. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of legacy systems, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is in either Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
- Provide analysis of architectures, technologies, policies, information and analytic data
- Develop cybersecurity and risk assessment methodologies and procedures to support prevention, detection, and mitigation of anomalous activity, vulnerabilities and inefficiencies.
- Perform cyber situational awareness activities and provide analysis and recommendations.
- Prepare and perform briefings appropriate for senior leadership.
- Conduct micro and macro analysis of enterprise cybersecurity defensive strategies in order to enable operational effectives, defense, and command and control.
- Analyze policy, program management office managed systems, hardware, and software, cloud, network infrastructure in order to recommend methods and strategies that reduce and/or managed impacts.
- Support and collaborate with CESO and/or its designated third-parties in information assurance/security services (e.g., intrusion prevention and detection, antivirus protection) in accordance with CESO’s security requirements as set out in CESO policies, standards and operations procedures manuals, and leading security practices.
- Continuously improve monitoring capabilities and automation.
- Support, deliver, and sustain image customization and secured builds utilizing STIGS and other templates to ensure all applications, servers, and services are configured in accordance with the risk management framework and the JSIG Rev 4 and beyond.
- Ensure all system and services are properly STIGed and JSIG Rev 4 compliant prior to deployment into the production environment.
- Ensure all system logs, application logs, and event logs are sent to the security operations team and the insider threat team in real time.
- Provide network forensics monitoring service integration: The contractor’s network forensics service must integrate with the contractor’s monitoring solution in order to allow alarms to be created.
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess an active DOD TS/SCI level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a CI Poly
- Maintain expert knowledge of endpoint and networking security controls; provide updates to security control guidance.
- Familiarity with all related aspects of cybersecurity operations and security architecture & engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Ability to translate highly technical matter to non-technical audience
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth experience with security domains and industry best practices; business continuity and disaster recovery, emerging technology
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including routing, parsing, and normalizing events to the Splunk Common Information Model (CIM)
- Specific experience using Splunk add-ons for Windows, Linux, and common third-party devices and applications
- Specific experience onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, and modular inputs from a variety of sources
- Expertise performing Splunk systems administration, including performing installation, configuration, monitoring system performance and availability, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Prior experience with one or more of the following tools:
- Splunk Administrator Certified / Splunk App Developer
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
- Proficient in cloud hosted networks
- Master’s degree in IT, Cybersecurity, or related field.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.