The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an individual with Air Traffic Control experience to support the FAA as a requirements planner.
The ideal candidate will provide implementation and execution tasks to support the daily operations of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Planning and Requirements Group (PRG). This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
• Provide operational analysis of Terminal and En Route National Airspace System (NAS) programs for support of transition planning, including review and comment on implementation and transition issues.
• Prepare organizational impact studies of Terminal NAS Programs including transition strategies for resources, space, human relations and related activities.
• Provide support in developing, updating and analyzing project database tracking programs and projects.
• Review technical materials to identify concerns/impacts and provide analyses and briefings to regional/facility managers, supervisors and specialists.
• Review, provide written comments, and track NAS change proposals and Configuration Decisions.
• Provide support in the preparation of maintenance and training requirements for future ATC Systems.
• Provide expertise in the development of Terminal and En Route facility design, construction and modernization projects.
• Provide support in developing plans to establish schedule and resource requirements for regional and field implementations.
• Formulate and submit Capital Investment Plan (CIP) items and track previously submitted CIP items for future systems and provide briefings and service area and national meeting support of CIP requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of the degree.
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an En Route Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Approach Facility.
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and develop recommendations to the FAA customer.
- Must be able to lead program team meetings and participate in national and regional telcons.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience dealing with multiple lines of business in the FAA.
- FAA Management/Staff experience at an En Route Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.