Leidos is seeking a MECM SME (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Management) to support efforts for NGEN-R; the successful candidate will be responsible for performing enterprise network operations and engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Navy’s NMCI network on the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
- Operate, manage, and maintain a large scale MECM (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Management) infrastructure in a team environment.
- Create and administer custom reports in MECM.
- Troubleshoot failed MECM OS, Application, Package and Patch deployments
- Troubleshoot MECM server health issues.
- Perform MECM administration including content import (drivers, applications, packages, OS\boot images, task sequences etc)
- Lead and Support MECM server infrastructure by ensuring systems are running and healthy; to include backups, restores, software delivery, client health, reporting, boundaries, and bandwidth settings.
- Administer and support WSUS environment, including approving, testing, and deploying updates via WSUS in MECM and troubleshooting failed updates
- Manage and administer MECM client health including the process of getting\keeping clients healthy.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute new MECM server installations and upgrades
- Strong SQL knowledge, skills and experience with creating custom SQL reports.
- Create, manage, and maintain documentation related to the MECM environment, managed systems and operations within the customer environment.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of MECM
- Lead for the Enterprise Software Deployment Solution (MECM).
- Experience using MECM to deploy OS images across a large scale enterprise (1000+ workstations)
- Experience using MECM to deploy server patches to Windows servers across a large scale enterprise (1000+ servers)
- Experience using MECM to deploy applications and packages across a large scale enterprise (1000+ workstations)
- Windows Operating Systems Server 2012 administration experience
- Previous Change Management and Release Management experience
- Oversee incident resolution, ensuring appropriate response to escalations
- Coordinate infrastructure repairs including directing remote activities to ensure continuity for service delivery
- Review root cause analysis documentation to address performance management and incident correlation issues
- Oversee daily shift activities and document in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure continuity for any outstanding issues
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; with 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR, SIPR
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network
- Advise network users of hardware requirements, configurations and limitations
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- Demonstrated teamwork/interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and a conscientious commitment to team environment
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Proven ability to influence and mangers of other service support models and supporting teams
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with technical teams and business stakeholders to resolve challenges
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to lead and work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and program leadership
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.