Looking for a Cybersecurity Senior System Engineer with a strong background in designing, deploying, and maintaining cybersecurity solutions. The Engineer is part of a technical team that focuses on leveraging commercial and government solutions to determine the best combination/configuration of capabilities to match operational requirements of each unique environment. The Engineer is also part of an on-site team in San Antonio which focuses on unique environments for our clients. The Cybersecurity Senior System Engineer plans, designs and implements tailored cybersecurity engineering solutions for unique environments represented by a combination of local and wide-area infrastructure and/or network systems which feature a wide variety of platforms and protocols. You will also support deployed solutions by monitoring, troubleshooting, or updating a variety of hardware, software, or network issues when required.
- Work with a technical team to design tailored cybersecurity capabilities that meet client requirements
- Facilitate deployment logistics and ultimately build, configure, and deploy capabilities
- Monitor and troubleshoot system, data, and network issues
- Upgrade systems as required
- Routinely interact with clients and internal teams
- Collaborate through reliable communication and documentation
- Provide on call support outside of business hours as needed
- Require BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level. Experience in lieu of degree may be accepted.
- 8 or more years of experience with Linux
- Active DoD TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Ability to maintain active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- 5 or more years of experience supporting a DoD Cybersecurity environment
- 5 or more years of experience deploying systems and performing system administration on DoD networks
- 5 years of experience with security architecture analysis, design and implementation
- 3 years of experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- 3 years experience with Network technologies, protocols, databases and classified network/s
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II and CSSP Infrastructure Support Certifications such as: CCNE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CEH
- Team player with the ability to work independently while maintaining good communication in fast-paced and complex mission environments
- Senior engineer willing to learn internal capabilities and support preferred configurations
- Extensive experience with DoD and classified networks
- Experience with cyber/systems security for non-traditional non-IP environments
- Experience with DoD mission and mission support system engineering/design efforts
- Experience with data aggregation technologies such as Elastic Stack and/or Greenplum
- Experience with SIEM technologies such as Kibana, Splunk, ArcSight, McAfee
- Experience with DoD 8530 Requirements
- Experience and/or understanding of DoD Standard Technical Implementation Guides
- Experience and/or understanding of DoD 8500 Series
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.