This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and innovative Cyber Operations team focused on Vulnerability Management and Red Team Engagements. The Leidos Red Team under the Corporate Vulnerability Management Program, has an immediate opening for a motivated Principal Penetration Tester - Red Team Lead. Leidos is an international company made up of 35,000 employees that provides Defense, Intelligence and Health Products to our customers. As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will include internal and external penetration testing for Leidos assets and systems, and ongoing growth and research for the Leidos toolset and capabilities. You will perform and lead various levels of data analysis, Red Team Engagements, Rules of Engagement development and implementation, Management and Assessment team communication, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats, particularly those directed against Leidos' global networks. You will be expected to "think like an adversary" and also engage in Purple Team operations leveraging your understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by advanced threats combined with intelligence from multiple sources and provide reporting and briefings to other teams and leadership in order to maintain appropriate levels of situational awareness with heavy collaboration with our Blue Team (CSIRT). In this position, you will have the ability to grow through training opportunities, conferences and collaboration with industry peers and adjacent parts of our business. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a highly collaborative and supportive environment.
- Must be able to handle the most dynamic and challenging scenarios encountered by the program and assist other analysts by providing direction and guidance when necessary.
- Responsible to identify and exploit security vulnerabilities in a wide array of systems in a variety of situations.
- Responsible for setting up scheduled and ad-hoc red team scenarios to highlight gaps impacting the organization’s security posture.
- Work both independently, as well as lead a team of technical testers on penetration testing and red team engagements.
- Perform in-depth analysis of red team engagements results and provide a detail report that describes findings, exploitation procedures, risks and recommendations.
- Must be able to communicate findings to Cyber security management, via defined reports and metrics
- Execute penetration testing projects using the established methodology, tools and rules of engagements.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in cybersecurity. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years minimum of work experience directly related to Red Team assessments, penetration testing (intranet, internet, web, wireless, social engineering).
- One of the following certifications: OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, OSCE, OSEE, GXPN.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Java, Perl, etc).
- Experienced with penetration testing tools (Kali Linux, Binwalk, Burp, etc)
- Experience acting as a Subject Matter Expert or team lead providing guidance to others.
- Experience with reviewing cyber security vulnerabilities for risk and relevance.
- Experience in planning mitigations for systems vulnerabilities.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security clearance is desirable.
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.