At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Systems Engineer – Windows Exchange Engineer within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The selected candidate will design, build and deploy, and administer large scale multi-domain enterprise Windows Server, and Microsoft Exchange environments. This role will plan and direct upgrades of Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange infrastructure and related components, and manage the technical documentation creation and maintenance for the Microsoft Exchange Email system. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Design and configure the Exchange infrastructure to maintain a stable, secure and highly available Exchange email environment through close monitoring and careful maintenance to minimize downtime and outages
- Maintain a stable, secure and highly available Microsoft Outlook client environment through configuration, maintenance, and technical support
- Messaging Architecture Configuration, Troubleshooting & Support
- e-Mail Security Patch Deployment
- Ensure that the Agency’s Exchange infrastructure meets security standards mandated by Security staff, Chief Information Officer (CIO), or other governing body
- Administer, operate, manage and maintain components for on-premises and cloud-based virtualized systems
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Develop and produce documentation, SOPs, reports, and presentation slide decks
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences (both contractor and federal government employees)
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with government customer
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience supervising others
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Exchange 2016 & 2019 structures to include: database structure; mail routing and related protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and it's interaction with Active Directory
- Familiarity with Exchange Online
- Understanding of Exchange Hybrid designs and operations
- Understanding of directory sync into Azure AD
- Architectural understanding of M365 security constructs and data protections such as DLP, RMS/IRM, Azure Information Protection
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory design and implementation options
- Experience with Group Policy Management
- Experience with Windows DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 & 2019
- Experience and strong understanding of File and Storage Services, to include Distributed File System (DFS) Replication and Namespace management
- Experience with Microsoft Windows automation scripting with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- System configuration based on security guidelines such as DISA STIGs
- Experience automating routine tasks via PowerShell
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience with the design, deployment and management of Microsoft cloud solutions
- AWS Certification or experience with cloud computing web services providing distributed computing processing capacity and software tools via AWS server farms.
- VMWare Server Virtualization
- Relevant NMEC focused experience or agency knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.