At Leidos, we are committed to deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented workforce. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy enrichment opportunities through mobility, career development, and rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors, talented colleagues, and accomplished customers. Your most important work is ahead.
Leidos has a job opening for an Entry Level Finance Analyst in the Washington D.C Metro area (includes the MD and VA areas). Leidos maintains an established entry-level professional program as the #1 Company on the Washington Technology Top 100 Contractors listing. Leidos, a Fortune 500 federal contractor with over $14B in annual revenue, is looking for top finance and business majors to be a part of our organization. Our Financial Analysts have the opportunity to provide in-depth analysis, innovate within and outside their role, and drive performance across a wide range of business segments. The Leidos Finance & Business Operations (F&BO) Organization matches applicants to a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth in your future career.
Responsibilities may include:
- Program Financial Control functions including budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, reporting, establishing/managing program cost baselines
- Applying principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables
- Analyzing variances using Enterprise toolsets and developing corrective action plans
- Participating in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring Earned Value Management (EVM) and a schedule baseline (plan)
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Leveraging new technology to bring efficiencies in the areas of business analytics and data visualization with a focus on automation efforts
- Proposal Pricing & Analysis
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis
The Leidos Entry Level Professional (ELP) Program experience will include:
- Immersive Boot Camp Training event at Corporate GHQ
- Lunch & Learn sessions featuring executives from across the corporation
- Networking & Social Events
- Opportunities for professional growth & career development
- Philanthropic Opportunities
- Formal “ELP Buddy” to assist with mentorship, assimilation, and engagement
- Opportunity to apply for the Leidos Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) after one-year of Leidos experience
Ideal Candidates should display the following:
- Interest in Finance & Business Operations with the industry leader in government services
- Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
- Eagerness to show initiative and solve problems
- Commitment to strengthening and sustaining an inclusive workplace
- Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Expected graduation in December 2022 or May 2023 with a degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Business Analytics, or other related field from an accredited college/university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (please note this on your resume when submitting your application)
- Candidate should be a US Citizen
- Demonstrated experience performing Accounting, Finance, or Economics-related financial data analysis tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI)
- Ability to quickly comprehend processes and learn systems and tools
- Ability to be accountable and professional while maintaining effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Entry Level positions will be located in the Washington D.C Metro Area (WMA) including Northern Virginia cities such as Reston or Chantilly. Some positions may be located in MD cities such as Gaithersburg or Columbia.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.