Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Mission Manager in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Leidos is a 10-year incumbent prime contractor on a large multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems, and is key partner on this follow-on contract award. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We will continue to provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Mission Manager will be responsible for developing strategies and recommendations for optimization of collection. The candidate shall provide mission manager support to systems and networks by using the customer's enterprise repositories to:
- provide value assessments based on collection and reporting trends
- derive network knowledge of the collection environment to meet the customer's strategic and mission prioritized needs
- partner with system engineers to design, integrate, and deploy additional system capabilities to further the system's mission performance
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing strategies and recommendations for optimization of collection.
- Trouble shooting signal and data-flows related to SIGINT systems.
- Define system requirements, developing technical solutions, functional analysis, conduct trade studies and perform test and evaluation activities.
- Responsible for SIGINT system and subsystem level tasking, configuration, normalization, survey, equipment configuration, basic signal analysis, interpretation of system health indications and parameters and routing process.
- Concept design, fabrication, software integration and configuration; HW/SW testing, and installation.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Eight (8) years of configuring and tasking experience with directly related, hands-on experience in SIGINT system and subsystem level tasking, configuration, normalization, survey, equipment configuration, basic signal analysis, interpretation of system health indications and parameter and routing processes.
- Professional experience must include at least five (5) years of experience with modern digital/optical telecommunication systems and protocols, telephony switching system networks, internet communications, packet switching systems, and/or experience in the designing, developing, and/or testing of systems that modulate, demodulate, multiplex and/or demultiplex digital communications signals.
- Knowledge of National SIGINT Requirements Process, SIGINT collection systems, and corporate enterprise repositories.
- Experience with SIGINT Systems Engineering support, as well as SIGINT Systems Integration.
- Experience with customer’s enterprise repositories to validate data flow.
- Experience with any of the following: Signal Analysis, Modern Telecommunication System/Networks, Telephony Switching Systems, Communications Systems or Cellular/Personal Communication Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technology into layman’s terms.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed
- Experience with specialization in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Telecommunications Systems/Networks
- Telephony Switching Systems
- Internet Communication protocols
- Cellular/Personal Communication System
- Self-motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team; organized and able to manage individual schedule.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.