Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Program Manager with large-scale program management, operations, and construction management experience, who will work alongside engineering managers, senior leaders and executives supporting various clients within the Power Delivery Solutions (PDS) division. The position will be client facing and responsible for driving scope execution, maximizing schedule and financial performance, contracts management and risk mitigation.
The Program Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
- Manage the overall execution and performance of large-scaled programs for an investor-owned electric utilities.
- Effectively manage at the program level to positively influence the efficient execution of work while maximizing profit
- Lead a team of project managers, construction managers, project schedulers, project controllers and multi-discipline engineering departments that are assigned to project work
- Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within stakeholder approve project parameters
- Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including client, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Interface with utility management personnel groups including planning, asset management, engineering, construction, siting, public outreach, and regulatory relations, legal and administrative departments.
- Client stakeholder engagement will involve progress reporting, earned value financial management, schedule adherence and risk mitigation across a portfolio of substation, transmission, and distribution projects
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule, and budgets
- Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations
- Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
- A bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with an additional 12+ years of relevant experience as a Large-Scale Program Manager or Project Manager or a master’s with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience and skills as a Program Manager on large programs ($25-50M+), business and technical knowledge and vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem-solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within power delivery services
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, reliability, and sound judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- PMP Certification is required
- Periodic travel is required
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.